- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 cup sugar (can be adjusted according to own taste)
- 3 Green Cardamoms (Crushed)
- 3 Clove
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- Few Raisins
- 1 tsp chironji
- Cashew Nuts
- Few strands of saffron soaked in warm water
- Pinch of Saffron food color
- 2 tbsp Rose Water
- 1 ½ cups of warm water
- Wash the rice with soft hand twice or thrice until the water runs clear and then, soak for 15 minutes.
- Melt ghee in a cooking pan and add cloves and cardamoms, fry for a minute until fragrant.
- Add rice and continue frying until all the grains are well coated with ghee.
- Pour warm water and milk over the rice and cook on low heat till it is almost done.
- Now add sugar, saffron food color, soaked saffron, nuts, raisins, rose water and cook for another 5 minutes until the rice is completely cooked.
- Fluff it up with a fork and serve.