It’s never going to be easy – I was told this by many of my well-wishers when I thought that why not to have our own list of best of the restaurants. Well before I wanted to pen down 10 finest restaurants of the city, I wanted to be very sure what I am going to do and how will I define it.
It is a small step that I have taken and the aim is to get as big as it can. I don’t want to draw a comparison or make it sound like an unachievable goal. Everything starts with a drop and so did this blog when I started penning down. This list didn’t get created overnight, however, is the result of efforts that has been placed over 4 months.
It wasn’t an easy task and I didn’t give up as my instincts guided me to create something good and that is what kept me going.
It’s human tendency that whatever you do or create, you will always find critics for it. I would be glad to have a discussion around this anytime.
Now, the reason for choosing the count as TEN – I wanted to be sure of the list that I will create. I wanted to ensure that team does its due diligence on picking 10 of the 1000 list of places that would sound simpler; however, the task and efforts involved were humungous!
All the restaurants have been visited by our team (including me) and some places where we went as guests, paid for our meals. We didn’t share inputs with the restaurant.
We have already started working on our 2018 list and I would like to ensure that this is going to get more transparent.
It’s a big day for us at Urban Escapades as after multiple discussions, a couple of surprise visits to the restaurant and of course fair debate within our team, we have been able to arrive at a consensus!
So here is it, the first ever list of 10 Best Restaurants in Delhi – purely based on our research, food reviews and discussions with our experts.
You may or may not agree but we would love to see your comments.
- Indian Accent – No price for guessing, it’s not only India’s best, but perhaps one of the finest Indian restaurant in the world.
- Olive – Sujan Sarkar has totally transformed this restaurant over the last couple of years. The flavor, food, and presentation are to die for. Their seasonal menu has colors according to the season, use local produce and the freshness is impossible to get anywhere else.
- La Piazza – Italian and La Piazza are synonymous to each other. Without a doubt, it’s the best Italian place in Delhi.
- Dill 32 – Delhi doesn’t have Awadhi taste as it requires finesse and perfection. But CDC Ashwini Kumar Singh at Dill 32 made sure that you get to taste the most authentic Awadhi and Rampuri cuisine in Delhi.
- Guppy – When it comes to Japanese food in Delhi, no one can do better than Chef Vikram Khatri. His signature pork belly, black cod, and sushi are outstanding
- China Kitchen – Chinese has only one name in Delhi i.e. China kitchen. They are serving the most authentic Chinese in town over last 2 decades. Their pecking duck is a must have.
- Baluchi – When it comes to North India cuisine, you should not look beyond Baluchi at The Lalit New Delhi. Their Dal Baluchi is the finest in the city and the naan’ry which is perfectly paired with wine will take your gastronomy journey to another level
- Ek Bar – It’s the bar of the city. Perhaps the most innovative cocktails and interesting twist to the Indian food. This place is a perfect example of a bar with excellent food.
- QLA – Priyam is the new sensation in town. While Priyam is passionate and eager to serve you his thoughts, his creation, his creativity; Prateek, on the other hand, creates pairing with ease. The pairing is simple, doesn’t overpowers the food and complements and enhances the taste.
- Lavaash By Saby – This Armenian and Bengali inspired restaurant is one of the finest examples of how a theme based restaurant should be. Chef Megha is definitely one of the brightest chef in town.