What is your idea of holiday? – Going to hill station, spending family time in luxurious resorts, eating out in restaurants, local sightseeing in various destinations and maybe some adventurous destinations as well. All of it are interesting and takes you away from your mundane and hectic life!
I have here something different and interesting to share! Close your eyes and imagine yourself in a peaceful environment with your family. You get to stay in a fly tent, situated at 7000ft above sea level where you get picturesque view of the entire range of Himalayas and of which Nanda Devi is prominent.
It’s cold and pleasant during the day and chilly at night. Enjoying your meals in an open dining area – fresh and delicious – Doesn’t it transcend you to a beautiful place and gives you peace of mind? Well read on…..Here I share on of my experience at campsite, Sitalkhet.
Youreka Pinewood Cliff at Sitlakhet in Uttarakhand offers unique camping offering, for adventurous people and excellent view of Himalayan range. Bumpy riding from ranikhet to sitalkhet and last couple of miles were actually difficult. This is not just relaxing, but also keeps you fit and moving – It’s fun and interesting when you enjoy a serene vacation and yet hover around and move out of your comfort zone.
If you want to drink water, you have to walk 200mts, washroom – walk 300 mts from your camp.
Neat and well maintained tents, clean beds, and blanket – everything is perfectly set for you to sleep, relax and just do nothing. You are served freshly cooked homemade food – healthy and delicious.
I had a good time walking around the forest. Graveyard of English women,, villas (a resort owned by Singapore based businessman who comes once or twice in a year) and much more – and that’s why I shared that you hover around! You walk another 1 km and you are introduced to an interesting personality – an engineer who quit his lucrative job in Delhi and turned into an entrepreneur who prepares cosmetics of rose water and rose oil –Pure and aromatic!
Essential items to carry:
- Clothes – track pants, comfortable clothes. 1 track pant for the night
- Warm clothes – wind cheater, jacket (in case it rains, can get windy & cold)
- Toiletries, a small water-proof bag to carry clothes/toiletries to the bathroom as bathrooms are separate
- Water bottle (required for treks)
- Small backpack to carry water, tidbits for treks
- Floaters – to walk around the campus and along the riverside
- Sneakers – for trekking
What you can do here :
- Rock climbing- It’s You v/s The Rock. Push oneself to the vertical limit over varied rock faces
- Rappelling- Experience the thrill of coming down a steep rock face
- Mountain Biking- Experience the rush of all terrain biking through mountain trails
- Trekking- Introduction to Tyrolean Traverse, familiarizing yourself with technical Equipment, pulling and rope tightening techniques and much more
About Youreka Campsite
Youreka Pinewood Cliff, Sitlakhet, Uttarakhand is located 30km ahead of Ranikhet. Nestled in Kumaon Himalayas, at a height of 7500ft, it is a quiet and picturesque campsite offering a clear 180° view of the Himalayan Peaks, with Nanda Devi standing tall. The camp is located approximately 375 km from Delhi and is in close proximity to excellent tourist destinations such as Ranikhet, Almora, Nainital.
Youreka Pinewood Cliff( Green Getaway) at Sitlakhet