In today’s world people are getting more conscious about their health and fitness. They prefer to eat as simple as they can. Fruits and juices are now an integral part of our lives. I love eating fruits and always prefer to eat seasonal fruits. I love juices, however do not prefer buying tetra packs with added sugar and preservatives. They just kill the essentials of fruit juices. There is nothing that can be compared to the goodness of fresh juice that are very good for health and help boost our immune system.
Last week, I got call from Just Pressed Juices and they explained about their product which made me curious enough to try it out. Just pressed juices do not use any preservatives and have a shelf life of 72 hours.
I got six different juices from them and each of them tasted fresh and delicious.
1. JustPressed Bounce – It Contains Carrot, Orange, Apple, Pineapple, Lemon, Turmeric, Chia Seed. This light, refreshing blend gives you with shot of good energy, essential vitamins and minerals and antioxidants. Loaded with carotene, this juice will literally wash out fat and waste and speed up your metabolism. The natural fruit acids with the enzyme activated minerals flush your kidneys while flavonoids will improve your lung function. You will also get a boost of Omega 3 ALA and essential amino acids, making this super juice great for your brain and heart! The taste of carrot is more prevalent in this juice.
2. JustPressed Soak – It contains Pineapple, Celery, Cucumber, Spinach, Collard, Green Kale, Lemon, Ginger and Wheat-grass. Wisely chosen fruits and vegetables that make you stronger. You would never miss your daily greens with this delight!. Treat your inner body to a spa with this super juice. Each sip will make you glow from within and put a sparkle in your eyes, while making you stronger and resilient! A great source of antioxidants and essential vitamins, this is an excellent hydrator! The taste of celery and spinach is more prevalent in this drink.
3. JustPressed Jolt – It contains Carrot, Apple, Celery, Cucumber, Beet, Lemon and Spirulina. This superjuice gets the metabolism running and floods you with essential vitamins and nutrients! Jolt is great for healthy blood pressure and helps you get out of your mid-morning blues by literally jolting you into action! Taste of Beetroot, celery, Lemon and Apple is more prevalent
4. JustPressed Active – It contains Cucumber, Lettuce, Lemon, Spinach, Collard, Kale, Parsley, Ginger and Cilantro is my personal favorite. Essentially a vegetables juice which has all the herbs, fresh vitamins and enzymes. A superb blend of greens with shots of essential goodness. Infused with tangy tropical flavors with a boost of fresh vitamins, this delectable juice is good for the complexion, eyesight and general vitality. Taste of Lettuce, Spinach and ginger is more prevalent.
5. JustPressed Pump – It contains Coconut Water, Pineapple, Apple, Aloe Vera, Sweet Lime, Mint and Lemongrass. This exotic blend is a sureshot hydrator and is especially beneficial for die hard gym fanatics and workaholics! This will cleanse you inside out, while boosting immunity and fighting toxins and infections. Taste of Lemongrass, Mint and Aloe vera is more prevelant
6. JustPressed Charge – Coconut meat, Almonds, Vanilla Bean, Honey, Cashew, Cinnamon and Chia seeds. A silky creamy juice immersed in amazing good nutrients, this will give an instant energy kick while beating your hunger blues. Crafted from exotic ingredients, this will help lower bad cholesterol and promote a healthy heart! This should be consumed within 2 days and the richness of coconut and cashew is very prevalent. A very heavy and filling drink – yet will surely be loved by diet lovers!
It was indeed a very refreshing experience for me. All juices are clean and helps boost energy and your immune system. Highly recommended!!! Must try.
Getting onto JustPressed juices is as simple as a click on button. Get onto www.justpressed.in, select from the package size and begin with the subscription most suited to you. Register and pay online or cash on delivery and get ready to receive your set of juices. The juices atJustPressed will be delivered anywhere in Delhi NCR and are available in elegantly designed glass bottles of 500 ml and plastic bottles of 300 ml and are also recyclable.
JustPressed is a boutique juice that gently steers us back to our roots by adopting a nutritional regime the way nature intended. JustPressed provides a simple, effective means of nourishing our bodies by delivering the uplifting and healing powers of raw, cold pressed juice to you, at your doorstep.Made from incredibly healthy, fresh, hand selected fruits and vegetables – most of them locally procured with an infusion of exotic fruits and greens and essential superfoods.
Sharing some known and unknown nutritional benefits that one gets from the ingredients used in these juices: Of the 27 different ingredients used, I have shared benefits of 15
1. Carrot – The high vitamin A content, comes from beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin A in your liver. Carrots also contain potassium, vitamin B6, copper, folic acid, thiamine and magnesium.
2. Orange – Oranges contain thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6, folate, pantothenic acid, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, selenium and copper. Because of their high vitamin C content (over twice the daily need) oranges are associated with boosting the immune system. Oranges also contain choline, zeaxanthin, and carotenoids.Choline is an important nutrient found in oranges that helps with sleep, muscle movement, learning and memory. Choline also helps to maintain the structure of cellular membranes, aids in the transmission of nerve impulses, assists in the absorption of fat and reduces chronic inflammation. Zeaxanthin and carotenoids have antioxidant effects and have been shown to have an inverse relationship with overall cancer rates and prostate cancer in particular
3. Apple – Apples are powerhouse of nutrients. It contains Vitamin C – a powerful natural antioxidant capable of blocking some of the damage caused by free radicals, as well as boosting the body’s resistance against infectious agents. B-complex vitamins (riboflavin, thiamin, and vitamin B-6) – these vitamins are key in maintaining red blood cells and the nervous system in good health. Besides dietary fibre, it contains Phytonutrients – apples are rich in polyphenolic compounds”. These phytonutrients help protect the body from the detrimental effects of free radicals.
4. Pineapple – Besides vitamin C, Pineapple is also a source of important vitamins and minerals such as thiamin, riboflavin, vitamin B-6, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium, manganese and potassium and antioxidants and polyphenols, such as beta-carotene.Fresh pineapple is the only known source of an enzyme called bromelain, which has been used in studies to determine it’s effectiveness in alleviating joint pain, arthritis, reduce inflammation, inhibit tumor growth and shorten recovery time following plastic surgery.
5. Lemon: There are many health benefits of lemons that have been known for centuries. The two biggest are lemons’ strong antibacterial, antiviral, and immune-boosting powers and their use as a weight loss aid because lemon juice is a digestive aid and liver cleanser. Lemons contain many substances–notably citric acid, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, bioflavonoids, pectin, and limonene–that promote immunity and fight infection.
6. Turmeric – Turmeric (Curcuma longa), the bright yellow of the spice rainbow, is a powerful medicine that has long been used in the Chinese and Indian systems of medicine as an anti-inflammatory agent to treat a wide variety of conditions, including flatulence, jaundice, menstrual difficulties, bloody urine, hemorrhage, toothache, bruises, chest pain, and colic.
7. Chia Seeds – The little seed has a huge nutritional profile. It contains calcium, manganese, and phosphorus, and is a great source of healthy omega-3 fats.
8. Celery – celery is a very rich source of antioxidants. The vegetable contains the following phytonutrients: phenolic acids, flavonols, dihydrostilbenoids, flavones, furanocoumarins, and phytosterols. It is very rich in vitamin K and also contains folate, vitamin A, potassium, and vitamin C. Despite being mainly water, celery also provides a fair amount of dietary fiber.
9. Cucumber – It is a very good source of potassium, an important intracellular electrolyte. Cucumbers contain unique anti-oxidants in moderate ratios such as β-carotene and α-carotene, vitamin-C, vitamin-A, zea-xanthin and lutein. These compounds help act as protective scavengers against oxygen-derived free radicals and reactive oxygen species (ROS) that play a role in aging and various disease processes. Cucumbers have mild diuretic property, which perhaps attributed to their free-water, and potassium and low sodium content. This helps in checking weight gain and high blood pressure.
10. Spinach – Spinach is a great non-heme source of iron,It is also one of the best sources of dietary magnesium, which is necessary for energy metabolism, maintaining muscle and nerve function, heart rhythm, a healthy immune system and maintaining blood pressure. Magnesium also plays a part in hundreds more biochemical reactions that occur in the body. Spinach also contains vitamin K, fiber, phosphorus and thiamine.
11. Collard – These antioxidants help to lower the risk of oxidative stress on your cells, which is cell damage that can occur when your nutrient intake is low and when toxic chemicals and environmental pollutants enter your body
12. Green Kale – Kale is a mild-tasting green that has Vitamin C that helps to boosts your immune system by fighting bacteria, viruses and infections. Kale also contains phosphorous and hence supports cell growth and metabolizes proteins and glucose in your body.
13. Ginger – Ginger contains a chemical that is used as an ingredient in antacid, laxative and anti-gas medications. Ginger is widely used throughout the world for treating loss of appetite, nausea and vomiting after surgery, nausea resulting from cancer treatment, flatulence, stomach upset, colic, morning sickness and motion sickness.
14. Wheatgrass – Wheatgrass is primarily used as a concentrated source of nutrients. It contains vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E, iron, calcium, magnesium, and amino acids. Wheatgrass is used for increasing production of hemoglobin, the chemical in red blood cells that carries oxygen; improving blood sugar disorders, such as diabetes; preventing tooth decay; improving wound healing; and preventing bacterial infections.
15. Beetroot – Beetroot is a rich source of folate and manganese and also contains thiamine, riboflavin, vitamin B-6, pantothenic acid, choline, betaine, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, copper and selenium.
I will share the benefits of remaining ingredients later:
6. Aloe vera
9. Vanilla Beans